Saansad Aadarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY) Objectives, Plan, Strategy
Saansad Aadarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY) is a rural development program launched by the Hon’ble Prime Minister concerned with the social and cultural development and to provoke active participation of the rural community to create model villages one by one.
|Saansad Aadarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY)|
- Develop Aadarsh Grams through the application of existing schemes and new initiatives reciprocating the needs in the locality or village community, which varies from village to village.
- Creating ideal village development which can be replicated in other villages as well.
- To initiate steps that lead to the development of the identified Gram Panchayats
- To improve the standard of living of all sections through
- Better livelihood opportunities
- Wider social mobilization
- Higher productivity
- Enriched social capital
- Improved basic amenities
- Enhanced human development
The Plan behind SAGY
What was the aim behind SAGY Yojana?
- Personal development- personal values, cleanliness, cultural heritage
- Human development- education, health, nutrition, social security
- Economic development-livelihood, skill, financial inclusion
- Social development-social values/ethics, social justice, good governance.
Strategy behind SAGY
- Conduct initiative programs to create awareness towards active participation.
- Exercises for identifying the needs and priorities in an organized manner.
- Gathering resources from the central sector and centrally sponsored schemes and to their maximum extent.
- Repairing and rehabilitating existing infrastructure.
- Strengthening panchayats and public awareness
- Acting responsibly and with transparency.