FIR Full Form | What is The Full Form Of FIR?
FIR FULL FORM is the First Information Report. it is a written document that is prepared by the police when they receive information about any cognizable offense. Generally, this report is lodged by the victim or any person on his behalf. It should be signed by the informer. Here, the informer has the right to have a copy of the FIR as a future reference. After knowing FIR's full form, now we are going to discuss detailed information about FIR.
|FIR Full Form|
Feature of FIR
(1) It is a legal document: It is a legal document that can be used by the victim to show in court. it tells about the information, the description of the offense, place of the offense, name of victimizing detail and address, contact number of the victim that is very helpful for police to identify the criminal in the whole process of investigation.
For example: if ram has been victimized for the purpose of stealing his hand watch by the criminal. In this situation, the ram can lodge a complaint in FRI format in his stolen watch. FIR will help the police to identify the place and other important information that is very useful by the police to catch the criminal and lastly police return the stolen watch on the basic of FIR information after catching the criminal.
(2) It starts the investigation process: It is the document that sets the investigation in motion. Without FIR, Police officers will not investigate. So, here I can say that it is the first step towards the company against the criminal.
In other words, the police start the investigation after FRI registration. Because it is the document that tells the police officer there is something that did wrong with someone. It also gives useful information to the police officers about the criminal like the place of crime, time of the crime, the name of the criminal ( if known) which is very helpful for the investigation process.
For example, there is two-person whose name is Mohan and Sohan. Both people have lost their baggage while traveling towards their hometown. Now, Mohan has lodged the FIR against his stolen baggage. But Sohan did not lodge a complaint. Then, the officer starts to investigate and find the stolen baggage.
In this case, police officers are able to return the stolen baggage of Sohan because they have his contact information in FIR. But they are not able to return the stolen baggage of Sohan because he did not lodge a fir against his stolen baggage.
Also Read: What Is The Full Form Of Sensex?
Procedure for filing an FIR – FIR Full Form:
The procedure for filing an FIR Report is so easy. What you have to do in case of any kind of offense with you. you have to go to the nearby police station with ID proof. then you have to tell all the information about the offense that has been happened to you. this information should be entered in the FIR register that is maintained at every police station. now you know FIR's full form and procedure for filing a report.
The FIR report includes the following information:
- Name of the victim or the person who is lodging the complaint.
- FIR Number and date
- Description of the offense
- Place of crime
- Name of the criminal (if known)
What to do if the police refuse to lodge FIR?
If the policeman refuses to lodge your complaint, you can go to a senior police officer. You have also another option. You can go to Concerned Circle Officer, superintendent of police.
If you like in Delhi, you can also lodge a complaint online against anyone who did a crime. The Delhi police give this facility online on this website – http://www.delhipolice.nic.in/register.html. after going to the given link, you have to fill in all the mandatory information like name, father’s name, mobile number, address, etc.
Are there any charges for lodging FIR?
No, you have to pay Nothing for loading a complaint against the offender. It is your basic right that you can complain to the police office if someone is doing wrong with you. Here, you need not pay anything because it is a free service.
The important thing you should keep in mind while filing FIR - Fir full form
After knowing fir full form, you have basic information about what to do and what not to do. but here some point is given that you should keep in mind while loading complain.
- Give detailed information about the criminal. What he did with you. You should give detailed information about what is the location and time of the crime, how many people are involved in the incident, what is the motive of the criminal etc.
- Try to use simple and easy-to-understand words.
- Your complaint will be recorded in 4 copies with carbon copies. You should get one copy of that as a receipt.
- You should give as much as information you can give. Like what is the main witness of the crime, what is the main name of the criminal, what are the total losses, you can give the suspect name if you doubt anyone, etc.
- After giving the all useful information in fir, you should sign the fir document.
After it, the complainer can read the fir document and if he satisfies then he can lodge the fir. Here it right of complaint to get a fir copy from police person free of cost.
Other FIR Full Form
- Force Information Room
- Flexible Initiatives Resourcing
- For Immediate Release
if you like this post about FIR full form. then please share it on google plus and Facebook.