How To Get Your LIC Premium Receipt Through LIC official Website?
Before diving into the process of understanding how and what is LIC premium and what to do to get your paid premium receipts online, it is important to understand where it comes from and what is its significance. What is premium and why do we need to collect these receipts?
What is the Idea of Insurance?
In the most bookish language we can say, insurance is a financial wheel that is moving and spreading risk. By taking the risk out of an individual and spreading it around the community, the individual is able to go about his business and personal life without incurring financial loss.
In simple words, let's take a look at these two people. One is named Bob and the other is Jack. Bob tells Jack that he will give him $10, but if he loses his cell phone, Jack must buy him a new one. Here if Jack agrees to the deal, that insurance is right there!
Usually insurance companies evaluate the risk and decide whether it is worth the gamble or not. This is how they make money.
Here in the example above, Jack believes that Bob probably won't lose his cell phone and will therefore be $10 richer himself. Now if Jack finds 100 more people who are willing to pay him $10 to cover their cell phones, he'll have $100.
If one of those 100 people loses their cell phone, Jack will have to pay $100 as compensation, with $900 still in the works. This insurance idea has been around since the ancient Chinese and Babylonians spread their shipping risks.
What is Premium in Insurance?
When there is insurance, there is a specific premium for it. In short, it is a fixed amount that was fixed at the time of taking the insurance policy. Premiums are to be paid periodically (monthly/annually) by the insured to maintain and continue his/her insurance coverage.
Premiums come in different shapes and sizes depending on the individual's ability to pay.
Regular premium is exactly what the definition of premium is. This is the amount paid from time to time to the insurance company. The payments are generally made monthly or annually as per the convenience of the insured. Regular premium is what most of the people usually bear.
Single Premium Policy:
In a single premium policy, a lump sum amount of premium is paid in one go, not for record keeping and paying it annually, quarterly or monthly. The minimum and maximum sum assured is already fixed. It usually ranges between 1.1 times the single premium. In a way, a single premium may be an easier option for some people as all premiums are paid in one go without worrying about paying the next premium. However, this can be a tough choice for those who cannot afford to pay a lot on premium as the single premium is very high as compared to the regular premium.
Online Receipt of LIC Premium:
LIC is one of the trusted, oldest and common insurance company. It is one of those reliable companies where people do not need to think much before investing their money. It has the benefits of multiple health, life and vehicle policies. You can also get your premium receipts online through the official website of LIC, through the services of Paytm and PhonePe etc.
You can also obtain a consolidated certificate from your branch instead of a receipt, if you wish. Sometimes when you pay premium online, you may not receive the receipt mail due to a technical fault in the server. You can contact your agent or branch for this
If you pay online then it is generated automatically and you have paid premium at LIC office, they will give it immediately or if payment is done through agent then they have to provide it to you.
How to get your LIC premium receipt through LIC official website?
Follow the steps given below to generate your paid premium receipt:
- Visit the official website of LIC at ebiz.licindia.in
- On the left side of the screen, a box displaying online services will appear.
- There you will see the option of "Customer Portal".
- A customer portal will open showing two options, Registered and Unregistered.
- Click on Register.
- A new page will open.
- Enter your username/email/phone number
- After entering your date of birth and password, click "Sign In".
- Once you are logged in, you will see a box on the left side of the window saying "Personal Policy Details".
How to pay your LIC Insurance premium through Paytm:
You can pay your LIC premium online through Paytm, get premium receipt instantly. Make sure you have the Paytm app downloaded from the App Store.
- On opening the Paytm app a home page will appear showing various icons.
- Click 'More'.
- Then you will get various options, choose LIC.
- A box asking for LIC policy number will appear.
- On entering the policy number, click on 'Get Premium'.
- Your customer's name, due date, number of installments and premium to be paid will appear
- After entering the premium amount to be paid, click on 'Proceed to make payment'.
- Then an option will appear, 'Promocode'. If you apply for the promocode, you can get some cashback. Note: You will not get cashback every time the promocode is available.
- After clicking on it, choose any of the promocodes available, then click on 'Proceed to Pay'.
- The screen will now show various payment options.
- If you prefer to pay by Debit Card, select the Debit Card option. (Note: If you prefer a credit card, you will have to pay an additional fee)
- After entering your debit card details, click on 'Pay'.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter OTP and click on submit.
- That's it, your policy premium has been paid successfully.
How to get your LIC premium receipt from Paytm?
- Once the payment is done successfully, click on "My Order".
- Then click on “Recharge & Bill”
- A page will appear with all your previous payment details, click on the one you want to take receipt of.
- Your receipt will appear with all the details.
- Click on the download button at the bottom to receive your receipt.
What to do when your LIC premium amount is exhausted?
If your premium payment for LIC has lapsed, it cannot be paid online. Because such policies require medical examination and other necessary details and stuff. If the payment is delayed by 5 months and 29 days, it will be treated as lapsed. The policy holder should reach his/her LIC branch in time for further processing and payment of due amount. This is necessary to activate the current insurance policy.
In many cases, if you are using online portal Amazon, LIC official website, PhonePe, Paytm or any other online platform for payment, you will have a direct option to download LIC payment premium receipt online. The receipt should be collected or downloaded in PDF format. It is important for the policyholder to have their paid receipt with them, as they are a proof of payment. It can be useful in case of data manipulation in some way. Hence keeping a receipt for the payment made would be a safer option.
What to do if LIC premium receipt is lost?
This is not a big problem, it is not necessary to keep receipt of any premium paid, as all are well recorded with LIC. On working day, visit your LIC branch office and ask for your premium payment certificate, they will easily provide it to you. Also you can get a duplicate copy of the same by logging in online through your insurance agent or through your policy details.
Can we download LIC premium receipt which was paid offline?
Yes, you can download the receipt of your premium which was paid offline as well as from your online portal. If you do not have the portal then create it yourself in LIC website.
If you are already registered in the portal, you can log in to your account to make payment or else you need to register yourself by clicking on "New User", and follow the steps given on the site Do it.
LIC Office Contact Details:
Official Website of LIC: ebiz.licindia.in
Contact Number: +91-9222492224
Email ID : email@example.com
Hope you have understood in brief how to pay your LIC premium online and download premium receipts instantly.
Would appreciate your feedback and comment below your questions regarding the process.
If you liked it, do share it with your friends, family and coworkers.
Thanks for reading!