Apply For NMMS Scholarship 2021-22: Application Procedure, Registration, Renewal
To reduce the dropout rates and to help the poor who are not able to continue their education, The Government of India has been launching various scholarship schemes across the country. Today here in this article, we will be discussing one such scholarship named NMMS Scholarship 2021-22. Here you will get complete information about this scholarship scheme, NMMS scholarship objectives, features and benefits, eligibility criteria, necessary documents, how to apply for the NMMS Scholarship online and offline in a step-by-step manner. So we ask you to read this article till the end. So that you can apply for this scholarship and get the benefits
Details of NMMS Scholarship 2021
|Scholarship Name||NMMS Scholarship 2021|
|Started by||India Government|
|Assistance Amount||Rs 12000 per annum|
|Beneficiary||Students of India|
|Objective||To provide financial assistance|
|Category||Central Govt Schemes|
|Official Website||Click Here|
National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Scheme 2021
Under the ministry of human resource development, the department of school education and literacy has introduced the NMMS Scholarship 2021 through which the students who are unable to continue their studies due to poor financial conditions will be provided with scholarships.
The full of NMMS scholarship is the national means cum merit scholarship scheme. Since this scheme assists those who are not in a condition to do their education, the drop dates will be reduced considerably and this will encourage the students to pursue their education. Under the NMMS Scholarship 2021, the beneficiaries will be provided with Rs 12000 from class 9th to class 12th.
NMMS Scholarship Scheme 2021
Only the students who are studying in the state government-aided and local body schools are eligible to apply for the NMMS Scholarship and get benefited. The annual income of the beneficiary family must be Rs 150000 or less and he/she should pass the examination conducted for the NMMS Scholarship Scheme, based on the scores secured by the student, the scholarship will be distributed to the student bank account via PFMS method by the State Bank of India.
NMMS Scheme Objective
The primary objective of starting this scholarship scheme is to reduce the dropout happening in the class 8th across the state. Under the NMMS Scholarship scheme, an amount of Rs 12000 will be provided per year, with which the student will be able to continue the studies.
To get the benefits of this scholarship, students must be from the economically weaker section of society. With the implementation of the NMMS Scholarship 2021, students will get motivated in the secondary stage.
NMMS Scholarship 2021 Award
The NMMS Scholarship offers an amount of Rs 12000 per annum which is distributed as 1000 per month. Under this scheme, about 1 lakh scholarships are being disbursed every year by the State Bank of India to all the beneficiaries' bank account via the public financial management system.
Based on the student enrollment for class 7th and 8th in every state and union territory, the allocation of this scholarship will differ. Some of the main information regarding NMMS scholarship are listed below
Under NMMS Scholarship, the students in class 9th will get an amount of Rs 12000 annually.
Every year, the student needs to renew the scholarship until class 12th. It has to be noted that student has to be promoted each and every year to the higher class.
NMMS Scholarship Scheme 2021 Selection Procedure
For the NMMS Scholarship, a selection test will be conducted in each and every state under which you have the mental ability test and scholastic aptitude test. The NCERT is the regulator for these exams. The maximum duration of this test is about 90 minutes.
The NCERT will set the guidelines for these examinations. To get selected for this scholarship, the candidate must pass these tests. On this basic test, the scholarship will be provided to the students.
Students need to complete this examination within 90 minutes. All those candidates who have special abilities get some extra time to complete the test. Here we list down some of the state-level scholarship tests
|Mental ability test (MAT)||In this test, you will be examined with your reasoning abilities and critical thinking. This test has 90 multiple choice questions that cover topics like analog, hidden figure, pattern, perception, numerical series, classification, etc|
|Scholastic aptitude test (SAT)||This SAT covers all syllabus of classes 7th and 8th. Also, subjects like science, social studies, mathematics 90 multiple choice questions are part of this test.|
NMMS Scholarship Declaration of Results
The student needs to secure at least 40% marks each of the MAT and SAT examinations conducted as per the rule. Those students who get qualified will be released by the state. The following are some of the important rules that you should consider while you prepare for the final list of students for the NMMS scholarship
- Candidates need to secure at least 40% marks on each of the above tests.
- For reserved categories, there is some relaxation, for which they have to secure 32%
- In the class 8 final exam, the candidate has to secure at least 55% marks. A relaxation of 5% will be provided for the SC and ST students.
- To apply for the NMMS scholarship, the students have to fulfill all the eligibility criteria as set for the scholarship.
Features and Benefits of NMMS Scholarship
The following are some of the Features and Benefits of the NMMS Scholarship
- The full form of NMMS scholarship is national means cum merit scholarship scheme
- NMMS scholarship has been started by the department of school education and literacy under the ministry of human resource development.
- A student who belongs to the economically weaker section of society will be given the financial incentives if he/she deserves them.
- This scholarship has been started to reduce the dropout rate at class 8
- The students get motivated to continue with their education at the secondary stage under this scholarship.
- The NMMS Scholarship has been introduced in May 2008
- A financial amount of Rs 12000 will be provided to the students who are in class 9th to class 12th.
- Under this scheme, everyone 1 lakh scholarships are being disbursed
- Only students who are studying in the state government-aided and local body schools will be eligible.
- The family income of the student must be below Rs 150000 to be eligible for this scholarship scheme
- For this scheme, the State Bank of India is the bank that will distribute the scholarship amount to all the beneficiaries through the PFMS method.
- All state governments will conduct examinations and based on this, the scholarship will be provided to the students.
NMMS Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
|Enrollment Criteria||For this scholarship, the students who have been enrolled for class 8th must be in government/local body/government-aided schools can apply for this scholarship|
|Income Criteria||For availing of this scholarship, the student family’s income from all sources must be below Rs 1,50,000.|
|Qualifying Marks Criteria||For General Category- 55% For Reserved Category-50%|
|Continuation Criteria||The candidate must secure at least 60% marks in their 10th board examination and to continue this scholarship in class 12th candidate have to clear class 11th in the first attempt with at least 55% marks|
|Ineligibility||Students who have enrolled in NVS, KVS, Sainik School, and private schools will not be able to apply for this scholarship Those students studying in schools run by State Government with facilities like boarding, lodging, etc cannot apply for this scholarship|
You need to have the following documents while applying for the NMMS scholarship Scheme
- Adhar Card
- Domicile Certificate
- Disability Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Marksheet of class 7th and 8th
- Mobile Number
- Passport Size Photo
- Income Certificate
- Bank Account Details
- Ration Card
NMMS Scholarship Important Instructions
- You need to clear your class 8 to class 9th exams for availing the benefits of this scholarship.
- This scholarship will be paid at the secondary and higher secondary stage in 9th to 12th for a maximum of four years.
- Only, the students who are studying in India can apply for this scheme.
- Under this scholarship, a relaxation of about 5% will be provided to the SC and ST categories
- The NMMS Scholarship will get reviewed once in three years.
- The concerned department will monitor the scheme at regular intervals of time.
- Students must secure at least 55% marks in their class from 11th to 12th in the first attempt to get eligible for this scheme.
- Under this scholarship scheme, a technical support panel will be implemented for monitoring this scheme.
- To continue with this scholarships, you have to get at least 60% marks in class 10th
NMMS Scholarship Disbursement
- In case the students have already taken a scholarship from the central or state government, then there are ineligible to apply for this scholarship scheme.
- For availing of this scholarship amount, the student has to open a bank account with the State Bank of India or any public sector bank or scheduled bank
- On the official website of the NMMS Scholarship, the list of beneficiaries will be uploaded by the state government.
- This assistance amount under this scheme will be deposited directly into the beneficiary bank account.
- To get the benefit of this scholarship, the student must get at least 55% marks in class 9th and 11th and 60% marks in class 10.
- It is the SBI's responsibility that they must ensure that funds received from the ministry will be disbursed one shot to the beneficiary.
- Other than SBI, other banks are also being instructed to coordinate with the state education department for the payment of this scholarship.
How to Apply For NMMS Scholarship Online?
If you want to apply for the NMMS Scholarship Online, follow the below steps
- First, visit the NMMS Scholarship official web portal by clicking here.
- Once the home page of the website opens, click on the “New Registration” option.
- After this, a new page will open, here on this page you will see some instructions where you should tick on the undertaking.
- Now, click on the “Continue” button.
- Again a new page will open, in this page, you will be asked to enter some necessary information which is as follows
- State of domicile
- Scholarship category
- Name of student
- Scheme type
- Date of birth
- Mobile number
- Email ID
- Bank IFSC code
- Bank account number
- Identification details
- Captcha code
- In the next step, click on the “Register” button.
- In this way, you will apply for the NMMS scholarship online.
NMMS Scholarship Offline Application Procedure
To apply for the NMMS Scholarship Application Offline, you can follow the below steps
- First, visit the NMMS Scholarship official website, after which the home page will open.
- On the home page, click on the “NMMS Scholarship” option.
- After this, you have to click on the “Download Form” link
- Now, you will see a form opened in PDF format.
- You will have to download this PDF form and then take a printout.
- Once you are done, then fill in all the information asked in the form such as your name, email id, address, etc
- After this, attach the necessary documents asked in the form.
- Finally, submit this filled application form to the concerned department.
Download Mobile App
If you want to download the NMMS Mobile App, you have to follow the below steps
- First, visit the official website of the national scholarship portal
- Once you see the home page, click on the “Get it on Google Play” option.
- After this, you will see a new page on your screen.
- On the new page, click on the “Install” button.
- After clicking it, the NMMS Mobile App will be downloaded on your mobile phone.
How to Login On The National Scholarship Portal?
Follow these step by step procedures below to login to the NMMS Scholarship Portal
- First of all, visit the NMMS Scholarship Portal by clicking here.
- Once the home page of the website opens, click on the “Login” button.
- After this, a new page open in front of you have to fill in the applicant ID, password, and captcha code
- Once you are done, then click on “Login“
- In this way, you will log in to the national scholarship portal.
- To do Institute Login, go to the official website of the national scholarship website.
- Once the home page of the website opens, click the “Institute login” option.
- After this, a new page opens in front of you where you have to select Institute nodal officer and academic year
- Now, in the given space, enter your user id password and then solve the captcha code.
- Once you are done, click on the “Login” button.
- In this way, you will do an Institute login on the national scholarship portal.
How to do Officer Login on the NMMS Scholarship Portal?
If you want to do Officer Login on the NMMS Scholarship Portal, you have to follow the below steps
- First, visit the NMMS Scholarship official website by clicking here.
- Once the home page opens, click on “Officers login“
- After this, you will see the following options in front of you
- From this option, choose one according to your preference
- After this, the login page will open where you need to select “Academic year“
- Now, you need to enter your username and password in the given space and then solve the captcha code.
- At the end click on the “Login” button.
How to Search For Institute?
- First of all, visit the national scholarship portal, after which the home page will open.
- Once you see the home page, click on the “Search for institute” option.
- After this, a new page will open in front of you.
- On this page, select institution state, institution district, institute/college/ITI, and school/college/ITI name
- Once you have selected all the above details, click on the “Get institution list” option.
- In the end, you will see the required information on your screen.
- Required information will appear on your computer screen
View List Of Applicants Processed For Scholarship
Follow these steps below to view the List Of Applicants Processed For Scholarship
- Now a new page opens on your screen where you need to select the academic year, application type, ministry, scheme, state, and district
- Once you have selected, then enter your name, mobile number, and captcha code in the space provided.
- After completing all the above details, click on the “Submit” button.
- Finally, on your screen, the List Of Applicants Processed For Scholarship will be displayed.
Procedure to Search Nodal Officer Details
To search Nodal Officer Details, follow these steps below
- Now, a new opens on your screen where you need to select ministry, scheme, state, and district
- In the next step, solve the captcha code and then click on the “Submit” button.
- Finally, you will see the Nodal officer details on your screen.
Procedure to view District Nodal Officer Detail List
If you want to view the list of District Nodal Officer Detail, you have to follow these below steps
- Now, a new page will open in front of you where you need to select your state and district
- After this, solve the captcha code and then click on “Submit“
- In the end, you will see the required information on your computer screen.
How to view Grievance Redressal Officers List?
Follow these steps below to view the grievance redressal officer list on the NMMS Scholarship
- First of all, go to national scholarship by clicking here.
- Once the home page of the website open, click on the “Services” option
- After this, you have to click on the option “Grievance redressal“
- Now, you will see a PDF file opens in front of you.
- By opening this PDF, you will see the grievance redressal officer list
NMMS Contact Details
On our website, we have explained all the important details about the NMMS Scholarship. Even then if you have any queries, you can always reach out to the NMMS helpline number or else write up to their official email to get your problems solved. The helpline number and email id are as follows
Helpline Number- 0120-6619540
Email ID – email@example.com