What Is The Full Form of SIR - SIR Stand For?
The Full Form of SIR is ‘Slave I Remain‘. The word ‘SIR’ is a respectful term and used to address a man, usually of superior social status or holding a commissioned military rank. It is derived from the word ‘sire’ When written with a capital ‘S’ it is used as the distinctive title of a knight or baronet.
|Full-Form of SIR|
The word ‘sire’ is now considered archaic. But it was once used to refer to an authority or a person of general importance. The British during their rule wanted all Indians to address them as Sir.
The form ‘Sir’ was first documented in English in 1297. The prefix is used with the holder’s given name or full name but never with the surname alone.
What is the full form of SIR?
What does the acronym SIR stand for?
What is Sir stand for?
When was the word ‘Sir’ first documented in English?
Some other Full Forms of SIR
List Of All Full Forms
- FIR Full-Form | What is The Full Form Of FIR?
- INR Full-Form | What Is The Full Form Of INR?
- SSUP Full Form and Meaning In Aadhaar - Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal -
- WHAT IS THE FULL FORM OF EARTH? About EARTH
- What Is The Full Form Of NASA? What Does Nasa Stand For - Full-Form Dictionary -
- What Is The Full Form Of Sensex?