In this article, we are providing details on how to link an aadhar card to an SBI bank account so that you can get all the benefits. Aadhaar Card has become a mandatory document in India so much so that you can open an account, get a subsidy on your LPG connection, and in some cases can’t even apply for a loan if you do not have an Aadhaar Card. In this article, we would focus specifically on how to Link the Aadhaar card to the SBI bank account.
The role of Aadhaar card being linked to bank account of any individual has become more relevant after governments order that LPG subsidy would be transferred to consumer account number directly. State Bank of India happens to be one of the most popular banks in India and most of the consumers hold an account with SBI.
There are two possible methods through which you can link your Aadhaar to bank account, vis. online method and Offline method which means you need to go to a branch. We will discuss both the processes separately.
Link Aadhaar card to SBI bank account in Branch
One of the primary requisites to link an aadhar card to an SBI bank account through an offline method is that you would have to visit the branch in person. You would have to keep the following things handy before you visit your home branch.
- Aadhaar copy in original and one photocopy for submission
- Your SBI bank account Passbook
- Duly filled Aadhaar card linking form which you can get from your LPG provider or can download from their website
- Sign these documents wherever applicable.
Once you are ready with the above-mentioned documents, you would have to follow the below-mentioned processes.
- Make sure that your linking form is neatly and duly filled in the right format with all the relevant information.
- Attach a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar card with the form.
- You would hand over all these documents to the concerned official at your home branch, who would also like to see your Aadhaar card in original.
- Once you have submitted your documents, the bank would verify your details and would match your Aadhaar number with the database.
- You can cross-check of the linkage with your bank after couple of days.
Link Aadhaar to SBI bank account Online
In order to link an Aadhaar card to your SBI bank account using the online method, you would need to have an internet banking option on your SBI account. Those who have internet banking on their account, can follow the following process to link their Aadhaar to bank account:
- Login to your Internet Banking Panel
- Visit ‘My Accounts’ section on the welcome page after login
- On the left-hand side, you would see an option that says, ‘Link your Aadhaar Number’. Click on it
- Enter you Aadhaar details and it would take you to another window where in your would be asked to put an OTP (One time password). This OTP is an 8 digit number send to your registered mobile number.
- Input the OTP and click on submit.
Through this simple process, you can link your Aadhaar number to your SBI bank account and avail of the LPG subsidy under the new government’s policy. We hope this information proves to be helpful for you. Please comment in case you have any issues in linking your aadhar card to your SBI bank account.